The common location of Autorun.vbs is in C:\Windows\System 32. If you can find it there, so your computer is infected. In that case you should delete Autorun.vbs virus, otherwise it can cause some serious and unpleasant consequences on your computer:
1. The break of proper work of Windows OS or the full incapacity of it.
2. Due to viral activity the hackers can get access to your private information as the number of your credit card, passwords etc.
3. Virus can hijack your homepage and your Web-search, showing you one and the same infected web-site.
4. You computer work will be extremely slowed down.
5. This virus can also get a full control over your computer in order to spread infection and send Spam-letters.
To correct and solve this error, follow this steps:
1. Run Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del or right click on Taskbar)
2. Stop wscript.exe process if available by highlighting the process name and clicking End Process.
3. Then terminate explorer.exe process.
4. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run…).
5. Type “cmd” (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
6. Type the following command one by one followed by hitting Enter key:
del c:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del d:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del e:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
c, d, e each represents drive letters on Windows system. If there are more drives or partitions available, continue to command by altering to other drive letter. Note that you must also clean the autorun files from USB flash drive or portable hard disk as the external drive may also be infected.
7. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run…).
8. Type “regedit” (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
9. Navigate to the following registry key:
10. Check if the value name and value data for the key is correct (the value data of userinit.exe include the path which may be different than C drive, which is also valid, note also the comma which is also needed):
If the value is incorrect, modify it to the valid value data. ”
1. To enable deleting the autorun.vbs file, terminate the associated process in the Task Manager as follows:
- Right-click in the Windows taskbar (a bar that appears along the bottom of the Windows screen) and select Task Manager on the menu.
- In the Tasks Manager window, click the Processes tab.
- On the Processes tab, select autorun.vbs and click End Process.
2. Using your file explorer, browse to the file using the paths listed in location of autorun.vbs and associated Malware.
3. Select the file and press SHIFT+Delete on the keyboard.
4. Click Yes in the confirm deletion dialog box.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each location listed in Location of autorun.vbs and associated malware.